RE: PT revisited

To: "'CHarris990@aol.com'" <CHarris990@aol.com>
Subject: RE: PT revisited
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 17:52:50 -0500
        Harris,

        <I think more realistically that there are many Westerners that have
no wish
        to be at the tender mercies of "public" transport.  This is also a
reason
        they do not wish to live in high density places.  For those who wish
to be
        commuters and cogs in the scheme of things, let them.  Let them feel
superior
        who do the politically correct things but for some of us I wish for
the
        market to be free of government.  Why would you cut the grass when
the Lord
        made critters to take care of that?
        Harris >

        Having lived on both sides of the "pond" and on both sides of this
continent, I agree with you that many Westerners cherish the wide open
spaces and the associated "free spirit".  I, too, feel that I "breathe
easier" West of the "mighty Mississippi."  However, this freedom may not
come cheap.  Some can navigate these open spaces on a biomass fueled,
environmentally friendly horse (dangerous on both ends and uncomfortable in
the middle, as some wag has said).  Most cannot do so and need to dip into
the oil barrel. "Free market" is a pipe dream.  It has to be governed by
something, be it government, compassion, or greed, so pick your poison!   As
for critters to cut the grass, the deer around here prefer the tulips,
daffodils, and whatever else we grow other than grass.

        Chuck Vandergraaf
        Pinawa, MB