Re: Aero and regulatory requirements

To: "Lorne M. Goldman" <lmg@gomog.com>
Subject: Re: Aero and regulatory requirements
From: "William G. Lamb, III" <lambroving@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 18:54:17 -0500
Lorne,

It really depends on how the production version was designed to
be constructed. From the Geneva photos and 'Malvern Link' the show
car does not appear to have front and rear energy absorbing capability.
Possibly those sections will be constructed out of ABS on the
final versions. It would then be fully compliant in the U.S. (Could
you then import such a car to Canada?) First deliveries here will
be approximately December 2001 if things stay on schedule.
I expect the Aero 8 will have all the other necessary crash and
emissions mods, (if required), "ex-Works" as opposed to the current
NAS 4.0 Plus 8's like mine which have the extensive modifications
you have seen. (The U.S. Agents will welcome this.)

>From past conversations I've had with the Works, I am quite certain
that the production version of the Aero 8 was designed to meet all
known future E.C. Regulations.

Regards,

Willie