Re: body work

To: Ed Herman <edherman@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: body work
From: "Ernest(Chip) Brown" <Chip.Brown@msdw.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:21:18 -0500
Almost certainly more expensive and less convenient than your corner
body shop, don't forget the specialty repair shops. These people may be
more expensive than the insurance repair facilities, but with lower
volume of business, the customer has to pick up more of the fixed costs
of operation. My 57 Plus 4 is currently having its cracked and bent
fenders repaired by Larry Eckler aka Linda's husband at Morgan Spares. I
had to schlep the car up to Larry's shop, a two plus hour drive from my
house, and I know the final bill is going to give me the vapors, but if
his other work that I've seen done is any indication, I'll be getting
what I'm paying for.

Another possibility is to buy the fiberglass fenders. Mike Virr, another
VSCCA racer, has a couple of plastic fenders on his car that he got from
some place in the South, somewhere. Can't be told from the real thing.
Likely cheaper than all of the above. If you're interested, I'll forward
any emails to Mike and I'm sure he'll tell you where he got his fenders.

Chip Brown