Re: Land Rover Press Release

To: Harvey Gilmartin <harveyg@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Land Rover Press Release
From: "William G. Lamb, III" <lambroving@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 23:23:29 -0500
Harvey,

If, as I suspect, Ford buys BMW, Morgan will continue to have access to the
4.4 Litre BMW V-8 for the Aero since the Works has a very good, long-standing
relationship with Ford. The Rover V-8 has for some time only been built by
Land
Rover in Solihull, and deliveries should continue through 2002 after which
time
it WAS scheduled to be replaced by a jointly-developed BMW/ Land Rover V-8.
I see no reason for these plans to be changed, although these days one can
hardly tell the players without a score card.

As you see from the story in your link, BMW still plan to build the new Mini
at Cowley. This car contains elements of the original formula for the Mini,
but was designed with heavy doses of BMW engineering. Interestingly, the
car will be powered by an engine made in Brazil which was developed jointly
by BMW and Chrysler prior to the Daimler-Benz buy-out. See what I mean
about needing a score card?!  Daimler will build an engine for BMW.

Alchemy intend to call their new car division MG Cars.

Willie