rear axle

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: rear axle
From: BristolBul@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 21:43:43 EST
I've been staring at the rear suspension on my Plus 4 and pondering deeply.
What limits the upward travel of the rear axle relative to the frame? There
are rubber bumpers, one each side, but they are on the wood body and not
purposefully opposite any moving part of the shock, axle, etc. as far as i
can see. Also, the highest thing on top of the axle tube is the brake line!

While coming up highway eighty-five from Dennis' place at a medium clip, the
rear end became airborne over a dip and came down with a resounding crash.
What part of the car hit what other part at that moment? The question will
appear stupid to those who know the answer.  I am exposing my ignorance, so
that someone can sharpen it for me.

Dave Chappell