Prizes, etc.

To: "Hart, Art" <arthart@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Prizes, etc.
From: tjsouz@epix.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 08:07:34 -0700
Hi Art,

Nice to visit with you yesterday at the British Motorcar Gathering in
Hellertown, PA.  You did win the multi-purpose tool in the Chinese
auction.  And your 4/4 got a second place in the Morgan class!  The
award is a silk screening on genuine Pennsylvania slate.  Quite handsome
and truly unique.  I have both pieces here and will bring them to MOG
30.  Too bad you had to leave early.

My '36 4-4 received a first in class and after the awards, in the
company of Morgan people John and Linda Wright (in their award winning
MGA), it led the way to Spring Valley, PA where there's a neat
pub/restaurant owned by a former racer of 3/4 Midgets.  While sipping
Vitamin Y (Yuengling), we learned all about bored-out Crosley engines
and short track racing both indoor and outdoor in the early 60's while
being fed free food.

On the way to the pub the '36 sputtered to a stop but it was only a
loose wire on the fuel pump.  The real adventure began on the way home
when the Wright's MGA fuel pump started to act up.  On our second pump
repair stop we were joined by Terry in his Land Rover and Rick in his
MGA.  The latter two had remained at the show site doing clean-up.  So a
couple more stops and pump diddlings later we all trooped down the river
to see John and Linda safely home.  Turning into their street, the '36
suffered vapor lock and had to be cooled down (also its and the other
drivers needed cooling).  After refreshing drinks John in his tin-top
followed Terry and me safely home where we shared another tall one.
Throughout the afternoon's adventures we were all quite calm and relaxed
despite the 90+ deg heat.  There is no doubt in my mind that our
calmness in the face of adversity was due to the liberal application of
Vitamin Y and the fact that between the four cars we had three extra
electric fuel pumps.  Laissez les bon temps roller!

Tony Souza
Ottsville, PA