RE: "Real toilets"

To: "'David P. Crandall'" <davidc@netwrk.org>
Subject: RE: "Real toilets"
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:37:36 -0400
Dave,

Some years ago, Pierre Trudeau, then prime minister of Canada, decreed that
"government has no business in the bedrooms of the nation."  With that he
presumably meant that what goes on in bedrooms is none of the government's
business.  From your e-mail, it appears that the US gummint has some
business as to what goes into bathrooms.  ;-)

I was not aware of the high regards that you people across the 49th have of
our porcelain thrones.  Maybe we could start bootlegging these things,
although one would need awfully big boots.

On a more serious note, one would think that it should be possible to
engineer something more efficient than the current design which is not much
more than what's used in many parts of Europe except that there the tank is
located near the ceiling to give the water some additional kinetic energy
when it hits the "business."  I know, it could be considered as more
research money "down the drain" but it might make more people happy.

Anyway, to see advanced designs in toilet, look at the new Japanese designs,
complete with heated seats, pre-warmed bidet function and automatic toilet
lid lifters.  Awesome!

That's all I'm going to say about this topic.  Back to Morgans.

Chuck Vandergraaf
Pinawa, MB