Gas cable

To: "Morgan" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas cable
From: "wms" <wms@vaxxine.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 14:42:15 -0400
           Morgan Friends
             Just had an odd situation take place over the weekend .
Hope everyone had a great holiday without this problem.
              My friend had his 89 Morgan over for the evening and
after a great time we went out to say goodbye ,. As he started the car
there was a great flash of white under the bonnet (hood) . I quickly
undid the strap and raised the half section of the bonnet but nothing
was there other than  the intake plenum and gas peddle linkage.I was
looking for a bad wire or something like that .I put the bonnet back
in place and the car was started again . This time there was no
question what was wrong for the gas linkage that had been replaced a
week ago was now very hot  and  throwing burning  hot plastic all over
the place with lots of smoke.After shutdown the new gas linkage was
now uslessly siezed again,  the reason for replacement in the first
place .We pushed the car into my garage for the night .
               It seems that the ground strap has not been doing a
very good job since it was put on at the factory and along with
sitting most of the time had now given up altogether . The ground went
through the gas linkage  much the same way the older cars had with the
choke cable . There  have been several bits of trouble that now
reflect on this poor ground .
               I simply put the car on stands and cleaned the existing
strap that had a good coat of paint in the joint and added a second
strap from the frame to the starter and a third  from the firewall to
the engine .
                We took the car to a Sunday event that had us giving
kids rides and all is working well .
              I think an extra ground strap added to your car might be
a good investment if your looking for something to doodle with .The
gas linkage costs about $150 .00 . The strap cost $5.00

              The '62  has been performing very well and even in the
rain we find ourselves very comfortable (with the rain gear on of
course) We did the run from Queenstone to Tobermory and back and broke
only the speed 'o cable . The overdrive is fantastic ." Thanks Fred "
               Safe motoring all .
                 Cheers Glenn Nigh      1962 plus 4     2seater
(restored)
                                                    1970 4/4         2
seater (restoration on way )

Vaxxine Computer Systems is a public Internet provider.  Please
contact
the offender directly in the case of supposed violations of
Netiquette.