Seeking Differential Spider Sources (7HA/2)

To: "morgans@autox.team.net" <morgans@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Seeking Differential Spider Sources (7HA/2)
From: "Michael D. Miles, PE" <mdmiles@mdmpe.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2000 10:29:40 -0700
Restoring a 1961 +4 4 Seater:

After opening the differential last week, we discovered the spider
gears were pretty well worn although the ring and pinion appear unworn
(no surface polishing, no apparent wear, and an odd surface marking
which prompts other speculation).

I've started looking about for replacement gears or a new or used
spider assembly and I thought the Morgan motoring public might have
some opinions or suggestions for replacements or sources.

Thank you for your cooperation.
--
"Entropy Happens!"
Michael D. Miles, PE  Consulting Design Engineer