RE: Insurance - an unusual situation...

To: "DeLuca, Joseph" <Joseph.DeLuca@wl.com>
Subject: RE: Insurance - an unusual situation...
From: "Kerry Seibert" <ckchapel@fast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 16:22:50 -0400
JOE - I'm no insurance wiz (or agent) but methinks once she has established
a residence here in the States and has a address, phone number, etc., she
should be able to get insurance through the "normal channels"?  Probably
even through one of the classic insurers?  She should have a "normal" car
also to prove the Moggy will not be her sole means of transport.
Double-check too about converting the car after one year, may not have to?
It was my (earlier research info) understanding that a resident alien could
bring in and keep a "non-conforming" car for personal use?  She "should"
take the car back to the UK when she returns though . . . . . . .

Cheers, Craig