Morgan production Numbers

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Morgan production Numbers
From: Myhekoenig@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 21:23:59 EDT
I have combed every publication that I have on the Morgan and have yet to
find one bit of Minutia. As a proud owner of a '67 Plus-4, #6485, I have
always wondered how many low line Plus-4's were ever produced. Ken Hill's
"The Four-Wheeled Morgan," volume 2 states that the first was produced in
December of 1966, #6393 and the last was in December of 68, #6850. The
difference is, of course, 457 but If you take out the drop heads, four
seaters and occasional supersport, I'm sure the number would be less.
It could be that because there are so few of them, the interest is just not
there. As an owner, I would really like to know. Perhaps, one of the real
students of the marque could let me know or maybe steer me in the right
direction. I would no doubt be pushing my luck to ask, "How many of them were
left hand drive?"
Oh well, Here goes.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.