Re: +8 Brake Shoes

To: "Morgan List" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: +8 Brake Shoes
From: lmg@gomog.com
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 22:44:37 -0400
gkneisley@mediaone.net wrote:

Would anyone happen to have the specs on rear drum brake shoes for a
1991
era +8?  I am hoping to replace the linings soon and thought these might
be
readily available locally.

Gary
1991 +8
R 10432

Hi Gary,

Your rear drums are 229mm and the rear lining width is 45mm. I have a
couple of sets in my attic as I have been turned on to Carbon Kevlar
brakes by Sheally II. I am using these in the rear and use the same
materiel for the front pads as well. I am very very peased with their
performance as they produce a better "feel" and are, of course, more
effective and quieter.

The company I bought them from is called Porterfield who have an
excellent rep. You can read more on their site which is off the GoMoG
GENERAL PARTS DIRECTORY.

Be careful, as I have heard that there are some other carbon kevlar
brake manufacturers whose product can cause "grooving" of the front
rotors.

Lorne
1984 Plus 8 EFI
http://www.gomog.com