Plus 8 temperature sender

To: "UK MORGAN SSC" <MSCCDISCUSSION@listbot.com>,
Subject: Plus 8 temperature sender
From: "Gary Moles" <morgannz@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 11:33:15 +1200
Hi all,
My 1978 Plus 8 has the two-wire temperature sender mounted in the radiator -
see pg 111 of John Worrall's book.
It has now decided to pop-out once the cooling system begins to reach
operating pressure (temperature).
Whilst the system has worked well since 1978, I would like to change to a
sender unit that screws into the radiator. I appreciate this will require
earthing the radiator properly for a return, but can anyone give me the
Lucas part number of the single wire sender that screws into the radiator
and was used on later models. Temp. gauge is the standard 50-90-140C Smiths
unit.
Best regards
Gary