Dave Day

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Dave Day
From: "Hodgkiss, Ben" <bhodgkiss@herefordshire.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:22:45 +0100
I returned form holiday in Ireland last weekend to find that my friend Dave
Day had died while I'd been away. Dave joined Morgans straight from leaving
school, and rose to be foreman of the chassis shop. He suffered a massive
brain hemorrhage while at work some three months ago, and never regained
consciousness. I'd known Dave for over twenty five years, firstly through
playing darts and crib in Malvern. We only ever disagreed on football
(soccer) as he was a fanatical Manchester United supporter, whilst I'm an
Aston Villa fan. The factory was closed for the afternoon of his funeral, at
which his widow Eddy requested that the mourners wear the football shirt of
their favourite team. Peter Morgan paid a warm tribute to Dave, saying that
his main regret was that Dave died "in harness", and never had the chance to
enjoy the retirement he so richly deserved. Everyone went back to the Three
Nuns at Powick afterwards (including Charles Morgan in an Aero 8) to enjoy a
few pints and memories. His ashes are to be scattered on the pitch at Old
Trafford.

Ben 1972 4/4