"Racer of Note....."

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: "Racer of Note....."
From: "Lannis" <ottoflick@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 17:10:24 -0400
All -

Other business had kept me from digging all the way into my Sept/Oct 2000
"Vintage Motorsport" issue until today.

I was interested in the story of the history and resurgence of the Virginia
International Raceway (where I had a wobbly experience on a Yamaha TD-3
roadracer lo these many years ago)......

And right there in the roster for the May 1966 national races were
"...racers of note appearing that weekend....Dick Thompson, Sam Posey, Don
Yenko, ....Skip Barber, Don Greimel...".   Hey, I KNOW him...!

Well I'll be.  When I met Don at Summit last year, I knew he had sort of
that "elder statesman of roadracing" aura about him, but didn't know it
included this illustrious company!

Don, hope the new racer results in your inclusion in similar, updated lists
of the high priests of vintage racing!!

Lannis