100E Search

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: 100E Search
From: ECPlus4@webtv.net (Eric Campbell)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 21:21:27 -0400 (EDT)
I got the Ford 100E block from my '57 4/4 (basket-case restoration) back
today from being hot-tanked and it is unfortunately riddled with cracks,
to the point that it is useful only as a boat anchor.  I have a backup
block that came with the car, but it has the pistons seized in the bores
and may be no better than the 'good' block.  Just in case Murphy is at
work here, I'd be very interested in knowing if any Listers know where I
might locate a decent (rebuildable) 100E block.   After locating all of
the Aquaplane bits for this engine,  I really want to try to stick with
the original 1172 setup.
Thanks in advance for any help or leads.
Eric Campbell
'57 4/4
'67 Plus 4