When late is not much better than never

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: When late is not much better than never
From: "William Eastman" <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 17:24:00 -0600
Just back from two weeks in Europe visiting hotels and hospitals.  I had
two Friday afternoons ago off and tried to visit the factory.  Drove up
to Malvern Link from Oxford but arrived right at closing time.  ARGH!!
In retrospect, I should have taken the motorway up to Birmingham and
come back down rather than running up the A and B routes.  On the other
hand, I had a wonderful drive through the Cotswolds up to Malvern then
back down into a bit of Wales.  I did see everyone leaving and they
looked like a fairly content workforce.

I rented a Rover 25 with a manual shift.  It was quite an inauguration
into "wrong sided driving."  I drove into downtown London one day and
put on over 500 miles in four days.

For the weekend I made it to the BMHT and the British Motorcycle
Museums.  BMHT was more depressing than fun with the last of the various
sports cars built.  Although knowing that no more TR-7's will be built
is a good thing;-}  The bikes were fun.  I had never seen any of the
classic racers before and to see 20 or so Norton Manx and 10 Gold Stars
sitting next to each other was quite moving.  They had the "last" of
many bikes including BSAs, Nortons, Vincents, etc but the place was much
more a celebration of the glory years than BMHT.  Besides, the lobby
features a Trike front and center.  You can't do much better than that!

Oh, well.  If I get another chance, I will plan better.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA
58 XK150