RE: Bearing bolts

To: "Phil Roettjer" <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>, <morgans@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Bearing bolts
From: "webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 13:06:35 -0500
Phil,

I knew a great race engine builder (sadly dead now), he said lock
tabs were redundant when he race preped my Austin Cooper 'S'
Engine. He used good bolts (like ARP) and lock-tite. Of course his
engine was impeccably clean as he rebuilt it. When I do mine, I
use 'Brake Cleaner' to clean the threads on the bolt and hole of
any lingering grease and oil before applying Locktite. New bolts
are preferable but not always readily available - you know how it
is.

Jeff Webster
Buy Classic Cars from America!
Http://www.BuyClassicCars.com