Vern's Rant

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vern's Rant
From: "Allied" <at@cgocable.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 13:51:42 -0500
I take it that Vern doesn't like the song, as well?

I've said it before, if anyone is thinking of creating a web site in tribute
of any club, group, or company - anything than for yourself - think again.
If you're thinking of providing space to another entity at your site, or of
moving into space offered by someone else - beware. You could find yourself
evicted, or the tenant may start dictating terms to you!
Things may start out rosy but eventually it's possible that some anal
control freak will question your right to editorial freedom, your right to
copyright, and what should & shouldn't be there - even though you receive no
compensation for your efforts. He may question your right to start an
enthusiast's site & your right to wind it down when you see fit. He may even
go to your server & attempt to have them make the additions & deletions he
wants!
So don't ever use anyone's logo or do something nice in someone else's name.
It can bite you on the ass!

It's a dead issue, Vern. My MSCCC pages are deleted. You're welcome to
create a site of your own, from scratch, as I did. Or hire a pro. What you
are referring to is not "spam", but your email is "flame".
I don't think anyone here at the List wants what should be in private,
posted in public.

Cheers,
Fred K.