RE: Morgan engine mount plate

To: "aMORGANS@autox.team.net" <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Morgan engine mount plate
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 22:47:10 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

> Date: Friday, 22-Dec-00 11:24 PM

> Yes, the Morgan front engine plate is exclusive to Morgans.  Triumph ones
take
> severe modification and they're still not right.

I have nothing to base this on but I always assumed the Morgan front plate
was the same as used on the Standard .  Since The TR was designed after the
Plus 4  I figured that Triumph had to modify the plate to fit the  TR .
Anyone know if this is true?

I have seen one attempt to make new pedestals to fit the TR plate to a
Morgan chassis . Turned  out to be a real mess.

Bob