Re: Roy Clarkson

To: Andrew Bleasdale <Andy@formstyle.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Roy Clarkson
From: John Bigler <jbigler@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 14:29:59 -0500
Thanks, Andy.
I just re-read Chris Harvey's book and found only brief mentions on pages 174
and 175 -- no pictures !!  The Alderson/Chapman book is about the only Morgan
book that I don't have...  please let me know what I'm missing.  I'd love to see
the picture.

My Devin bodied Morgan is a 4/4 roadster, not a Plus 4 fixed head coup like Roy
Clarkson's car, and looks much like a Ferrari 750 Monza of the mid-50's.  Can
anyone point me to details or photos of ANY special bodied racing Morgans??
John

Andrew Bleasdale wrote:  The picture of Roy Clarksons car (which was modeled on
the touring bodied Ferrari coupe of 1951-according to Chris Harvey in 'The Last
Survivor')  is in 'Morgan Sports cars the early years' By JD Alderson & Chris
Chapman pg. 186 and others.  Has anyone a picture to send to John?  Does anyone
know what happened to this car?

John is this the car VNO 600 that Roy Clarkson used in the tulip rally?  Please
say yes as this car is the Most Beautiful Morgan I have ever seen.

John Bigler wrote:  The Devin/Series II is just now coming together, but it will
be FANTASTIC !  The car is a Series II more in car title than anything else.
The engine is a 1600GT crossflow from a 1975 Morgan 4/4, with double 40DCOEs
replacing the downdraft Weber to accommodate the low Devin bonnet, and the
chassis is lowered, lightened and shortened to fit the 84 inch wheelbase.
Wheels are chrome center-laced Dayton 5x15 inch wire wheels.  The Devin body was
made in the 1950's and is perfect and looks like a 1950's Ferrari 750 Monza.  As
you can tell......  I'm excited !!

Andrew Bleasdale wrote:  What does the series II look like with the Devin body?
Andy, 1956 Series II

///
///