Re: +4 Club SoCal- ain't so-cal but it is warm...

To: Jhalfdime@aol.com, emog@lists.gomog.com, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: +4 Club SoCal- ain't so-cal but it is warm...
From: FPS3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 09:01:50 EST
In a message dated 3/4/2001 6:47:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Jhalfdime@aol.com writes:

<< Cheers & Happy Morganing (Save for here in the NE, awaiting a nor'easter),
 Plug >>

    I am leaving today for Orlando to pick up the trike. Stored in Rick
Frazee's garage at the moment, beside his just completed re-rebuilt '32
Matchless barrel-back. Then on to Savannah GA tomorrow to meet Pete Olson
(''33 JAP SS) to begin the Racemark Challange in our trikes- on Wed.
(Couldn't talk Rick into it...)
    We start with timed laps at Roebling road- then drive 125+ miles in the
afternoon to Amelia Island for dinner (fat chance of making it there on
time...). Up and on the road Thursday at zero-dark-thirty.. for another
hundred + mile drive to attempt to arrive in Gainsville FL around 8AM!. There
we will run timed laps on the road course, then drags plus bracket racing.
Then drive back to Amelia Island for awards dinner that evening. We might be
late for that one too, but not much chance of "awards" so we're going to have
fun.

Then to Daytona Beach to get a day or so of Bike Week (trikes are motorcycles
too..), then back to Amelia for Concours on Sunday (as spectators).

    The Racemark Challange is a Brock Yates (Cannonball- One Lap of America)
event. Easy for most cars- a real chalange for two guys who have probably
never driven 200 miles a day in their trikes. We don't figure we will be "on
time" for the dinners or for much else...  but we hope to have some great fun
and get our faces on the SpeedVision spl they are shooting of the event.
    Pete just got his back together after a shunt at Pittsburg (on the pace
lap!) and has 0 miles on his rebuild. I have had mine sitting on an open
trailer in the FL weather for three weeks- so we are... ready. I got the road
flares... As Pete says "It's a quest"
    Hope the weather is better than NY....

Fred Sisson

///