MOGGIE MIGLIA VI - 2002

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: MOGGIE MIGLIA VI - 2002
From: "Kerry Seibert" <ckchapel@fast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:36:43 -0500
On behalf of the Morgan Owners of Philadelphia (MOPs), I want to thank
everyone for their interest in the Moggie Miglia and the many messages I
received both on and off list.  Unfortunately (and do to that
all-encompassing "circumstances beyond our control"),  Moggie Miglia VI will
not be held until 2002.  We began our negotiations with the hotel which we
have used successfully in the past just after Christmas. Unfortunately our
traditional date was booked by a wedding (how dare they!).  Alternate dates
were available but the full compliment of rooms was not.  We looked at
alternate sites but ran into the usual problems:  places too big or too
small, places too expensive, places which wanted a two night commitment,
etc., etc.  We have always strived to present a well-thought-out event with
the participants fun-factor as our number one priority.  We found that this
was going to be difficult with the obstacles presented.  Hence the
"postponement" . . . . .

The GOOD NEWS.  Moggie Miglia VI will be held in 2002.  We have taken the
extraordinary step and booked our Inn now!  The Club has booked all 29 rooms
at the Stroudsmoor Country Inn in Stroudsburg, PA for the night of  Sat May
18, 2002.  When those 29 rooms are gone, you will either have to splurge for
their additional $$$$ suites across the drive or find your own
accommodations!  Those of you who have attended MMs in the past have made it
clear to the organizers that you are most pleased with the Stroudsmoor: its
prices, location, fine food, huge breakfast, and enthusiastic staff.  The
Stroudsmoor is accepting reservations NOW for Moggie Miglia VI, mention the
Morgan Club, of course, when you call.  800 955 8663, or 570 421 6431, and
they have a website at www.stroudsmoor.com

More good news:  MM VI also coincides with the year-long celebration of 25
years of MOPs and we'll have a number of "tricks" up our sleeves.  Our
traditional event/rally door stickers and rally plates will have the extra
notation of our 25th Anniversary. We will again commission noted automotive
artist Tom Cibort to paint our event poster/commemorative cover.  Expenses
and budgets be damned we say!  (with treasurer approval of course!)  We
welcome all past participants and a special welcome to first-timers; it's a
fun event, it's an easy event, it's a friendly event.  Whether you're from
out-of-state or out-of-country, we have a place for you (up to our cut-off
point of 35 cars anyway!)

We have kept a record of all previous inquires and will mail information and
post it on the Morgan lists as it becomes available.  So . . . . .you all
have plenty of notice . . . . . .mark your calendars and pick-up the pace on
your restoration project if you must!

Regards,  Craig Seibert and John Moffatt  Co-chairmen:  Moggie Miglia
VI -2002

///
///