Electronic ignition

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Electronic ignition
From: SDviewpnt@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 23:25:44 EST
Hello all,

I just wanted to report that last year when I was hot and heavy into getting
some reliability in the '56 Plus 4, I wanted to install the Pertronix
ignition that I'd acquired from Morgan Spares many months before.  It was
sold to me as a potential solution, but no one knew whether it would fit.  I
procrastinated and dawdled with other things until the magic day that I
expected to drop the electronic ignition in and crank it up.

It didn't fit.  The breaker/base plate was a different configuration.

I called Pertronix and explained my problem and asked if there was anything
they could do?  They told me to ship them the unit and the original
distributor and they would take care of it.  They turned the completed
installation around within a week and shipped the set up back all at no
charge.  They explained that they frequently do "one offs" and did this work
in order to add to their product offerings.  This template now is in their
database, so all of you with a Plus 4/TR 2 should take advantage.  The Lucas
distributor model number is important.  The unit runs beautifully and is
fully contained in the housing.  It carries a full warranty from Pertronix as
they did the modification, something that wouldn't have happened if I'd tried
it on my own.  I even converted to a negative ground at that time (important
that they know this).

I highly recommend them as they took very good care of me.

Regards,
Steve Dreiseszun
Phoenix, AZ

///