Mobile Phone Security

To: "AUTOX" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mobile Phone Security
From: "kenjan" <kenjan@supanet.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:23:40 +0100
Hi Gang
I recently came across  this tip on security of your mobile phone.   I am
not certain if it will work outside the UK but it certainly does over here.
Here is the information:-

"Protect your  mobile phone if it is stolen.   All you have to do is  to get
the service provider to block the phone.   To do this, you need the phone's
unique serial number.   To get it, key in *#06#.   A 15 digit code will
appear on screen.   This number is unique to your handset.   Write it down
and keep it safe.
Should you phone get stolen you must contact your service provider and give
them this code.   They will block your handset, so even if the thief changes
the SIM card, your phone is useless.

You probably won't get your phone back, but at least you will know that the
thief can't use it or sell it.   If everyone did this there would no longer
be any point in stealing mobile phones."

Hope it of interest to some of you out there.

Best regards to all   Ken Hill

///
///