Re: Shocks

To: "Morgan News Group" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shocks
From: "Tony Souza" <tjsouz@epix.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:08:15 -0400
> Need some suggestions on front shocks...
>
> Is there an OEM replacement shock that will not send me into
"sticker shock"?

> Don Sforza                     dsforza@megahits.com        KA1WV
> 3/4 Morgan Group        1966 '4/4'  V  Competition        B1290
> CT Triumph Register          1974 Triumph TR6        CF25689U

Hi Don and group,

On my last front shock absorber job on a Morgan I used a Gabriel Red
Ryder gas shock.  This was on the '53 +4, four-seater.  It won it's
class at the MOG30 auto-X and did very well overall.

The part number is 81561, it has a 5/16 top stud, and a 5/8 ID sleeve
on the lower.  In March, 1998 they cost $14.71 each and of course
they're available at your local auto parts store.  I forgot to mention
that they are a lovely red in color and look great on a BRG car!  Of
course you can paint them any color you like.

Regards,

Tony Souza, W3HMU

///
///