RE: [emog] Brake Light

To: "'emog'" <emog@lists.gomog.com>,
Subject: RE: [emog] Brake Light
From: "Willburn, Gerry" <Gerry.Willburn@verticalcircuits.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:02:54 -0700
Jim,

The rear wiring harness joins with the front-to-back harness on the right
rear side, against the inner wheel well, with snap connectors.  Running
lights are solid red.

For cars with separate turn lights,  Brake lights are Green with a Purple
trace, Right turn is Green with a White trace and Left turn is Green with a
Red trace.

For earlier cars with combined turn / stop lamps, Right turn/stop is White
with a Brown trace and Left turn/stop is White with a Purple trace.

For cars with separate turn lamps (Like Jim's), the brake lamp snap
connector is a "four way" connector with only three (Green/Purple)wires in
it.  Put a bullet on the wire from your center lamp and plug it into the
fourth hole.  Simple!

For cars with combined turn/stop lamps, you must go forward to the "Magic
Mystery Box" (DB10 Relay Unit) and attach your wire to terminal 5, where the
Green/purple stop lamp wire is.

On our '55 (Twin Spare) DHC we mounted a center stop lamp that I had
originally bought for our Packard, which says "STOP" when lit up.  Barbara
mounted it to a bracket held on by the "tire grabber" between the spares.
It looks so proper that we did not even take it off for the Palos Verdes
Concours (see picture in Sports Car International).

Good Luck,

Gerry