radiator fitting in 1960 4/4

To: "'List, MORGAN'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: radiator fitting in 1960 4/4
From: Terry Dowling <tdowling@gesb.wa.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:00:25 +0800
I'm having a bit of a problem with the radiator in my 4/4 and hoping the
knowledge of the list can help. The radiator is hard up against one side
(the right) of the interior nose arch and there is only about 1/4 inch on
the other side. I've tried loosening the mounts and moving it around but
whenever I tighten it again it moves right back to the same place.

I'm not sure if the way it is mounted at the bottom is correct. At the
moment, on each side there is a bolt with a rubber bushing below the
radiator mount plate, a red nylon(?) spacer (about 1/4 inch) between the
radiator plate and the bracket mount, and a similar spacer but about 1/2
inch or more above the bracket. This is all capped with a steel washer and
nyloc nut. It seems almost impossible to mount the radiator above the
bracket. The mount brackets bolt onto the body work with no apparent scope
for adjustment.

Any tips and advice appreciated.

Terry
Perth WA Australia

Standard disclaimer:
Any recipient of this communication acknowledges that:
* the Government Employees Superannuation Board accepts no responsibility for
the contents nor the validity of this communication; and
* they do not rely on any view given unless it is properly authorised.