Re: oil gauge repair

To: nogera@prodigy.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil gauge repair
From: Oddcarnut@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 11:35:48 EDT
> Alright folks, anyone ever rebuilt a Smith oil pressure gauge? My Morgan's
> oil pressure gauge seems to have a very small leak, spraying a fine mist of
> oil from within the housing.
> I pulled off the gauge and took a look but before I start taking it apart I
> thought I'd check to see if anyone has done it before me.
> It's a Bourdon tube type gauge, so there aren't may places to leak. My main
> question is if  anyone knows how the tube is fitted to the actual pipe

Bob,

The gauge in my Plus 4 sprang a small leak a while back.  After pulling it
out, I found there is a fairly large brass set screw that holds the tube
assembly against the line fitting on the back of the case.  On my gauge, that
had just loosened up a bit letting oil spray out.  The tube itself was fine.

Happy leak hunting

Ken Payne

63 +4

///