The Competitive Morgan

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Competitive Morgan
From: "virrmj" <virrmj@prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 16:15:46 -0400
The Competitive Morgan

The Moggie goes pop the Moggie goes bang

Around another lap and the Porsche gets the bird

The gearchange is loose but a little more bias

Goes a long way towards catching another MG

The temp gauge is rising and I start praying

That another few laps will see us the flag

There's Wendy in front in the Bristol so red

And she is so kind to pull over for pass

Now this must be the last lap or we never will finish

As fluid is pouring out of the bonnet

Yes there is the flag and it is with relief

As we slow down for the pits and an inspection of damage

Oh yes, it was close, the plugs are a mess

The dyno pulley is shot and so is the mounting

Another lap we never would make

But glory is fleeting and the Moggie is purring

You see, the dead cat is aboard, and she sees we will finish.

Thoughts from Mike Virr after VSCCA Pocono

///
///