alternator/generator

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: alternator/generator
From: Terry Dowling <tdowling@gesb.wa.gov.au>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 17:05:05 +0800
Need to pick everyone's brains again.

I'm considering putting an alternator into my '60 4/4 (with an Series III
1500 116E Ford engine - NOT crossflow) but am wondering on the
ramifications. I've heard mention that the extra load of the alternator can
affect the idle and could impact on carb jetting. The car is already neg
earth.

Also, in removing my spark plugs I've found that the NGK BP6ES plugs that
are in it (and listed as recommended) have had "SG 10 73" hand-written on
them - don't know who wrote it or why. Any ideas. It seems the BP6ES plugs
protrude into the chamber about a 1/4 inch.

Thanks in anticipation,
Terry
Perth, WA, Autstralia

> ----------
> From:         Mike Dixon[SMTP:mike.dixon@virgin.net]
>
> Richard, yes I do have an alternator.  Musgrove shows  a '69 4/4 having a
> dynamo and a '75 having the option of dynamo or alternator
>
> regards
>
> Mike

Standard disclaimer:
Any recipient of this communication acknowledges that:
* the Government Employees Superannuation Board accepts no responsibility for
the contents nor the validity of this communication; and
* they do not rely on any view given unless it is properly authorised.