Re: Dwell Angle

To: <DGreimel@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Dwell Angle
From: "Don Sforza" <djsforza@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 13:12:27 -0400
My apologies to the list and to Fred and Don in particular.

The dwell angle for a 4 cylinder engine should be between 55 and 65 degrees
(according to my tune-up manual). Unfortunately, for a 4-cyl engine, MY
meter has to be doubled, hence my thinking the dwell is 30. Anywhere in the
60 degree range will be ok, just be sure not to set the points after you set
the timing. Small changes in the dwell (point gap)
will make significant changes in the timing.

When I had my TR4, I would set the points, then advance the distributor
until there was "pinking"; back off a couple of notches, and it went like
the devil.

Don Sforza                        djsforza@snet.net                 KA1WV
3/4 Morgan Group          1966 '4/4'  V  Competition            B1290
CT Triumph Register        1974 Triumph TR6                CF25689U