Wheel studs

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheel studs
From: SDviewpnt@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 17:12:01 EDT
Hello all,

It's hard to make the effort to ask a question of the list.  Pretty empty
feeling after all the gut wrenching news.  I must count my blessings as the
tragedy did not touch me personally in the loss of friends or family, yet I
think that we all feel a huge loss for all those individuals who perished
senselessly.  Well within "six degrees of separation", I do have friends and
family whose loss is personal and deep and therefore, we all grieve.  I'm
saddened to learn of the news regarding Joe DeLuca, as he obviously was well
thought of.  While I never met Joe, we had a few e-mail exchanges which were
very pleasant.  I shared a few of the Raymond cartoons with my wife, which
brought a smile -- a rare thing at this time.  I'm certain that he'll be
missed.

My question is whether anyone has successfully found/made wheel studs for a
'56 Plus 4 or comparable?  I've had to use spacers on the front wheels in
order to make room for my new tyres (16" Michelin PiloteX) and now there
really is not enough bite on the studs with the lug nuts.  Joe had directed
me to a Porsche 930 solution but my shop feels that will not work as the
shoulder on the Morgan stud is what locates the drum on the hub flange and
the Porsche stud lacks this feature.  We also would not want to butcher the
hub/drum in installing a solution.  Any guidance as to ready-made or a
resource for manufacturing would be helpful.  Should I find a manufacturer
locally, would anyone be interested in a set from a batch?  Better to make a
bunch now...

Forgive this intrusion into your moment of meditation.  As life will go on, I
find that putting one foot in front of the other is an effort.  One step at a
time, I guess.

God bless all those we've lost and my heart felt sympathies to the friends
and families who grieve.  My we all be safe and strong in the days ahead.

Best wishes,
Steve Dreiseszun
Phoenix, AZ
'56 Plus 4