Lew Spencer

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Lew Spencer
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 09:07:55 -0400
Hi guys,

Lew is a great guy, I have corresponded with him on my endurance setup
Morgan Super Sports,

he had a twin to mine, called baby Doll V, set up with twin fillers, twin
fuel lines, twin electric pumps, enlarged tank, front suspension upper
cross axle braces etc. (one of five SS cars built to the endurance  spec
after Lemans win Fergus Motors sold them as 'Lemans Super Sport Morgans')
 Lew's Car was 5305, then the white 63 SS at sebring was 5308, 5322,blue
car raced by Al Rogers,then 5356 also called xrx1, with modified engine,
and 5381 our car raced by Fergus Motors the east coast dealer with Don
Griemel.

Kind letters and helpful is an understatement.

A gentleman racer and quite good in the SS.  Had something to do with
Shelby later correct?  Performance Motors?

He was at pallandini's out west first, then took over, and created the
Baby Doll racers, specifics of which are later mentioned in 1959 as
'Sebring Morgan spec', and then later become the SS when Lawrence
crystallzed the concept with Morgan.

Can someone please send this to emog?

Bob Bowie in Maine
1963 Morgan SS 5381