4/4 Engine swap inquiry

To: Gukedad@aol.com, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: 4/4 Engine swap inquiry
From: HABCTRMD@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:15:41 EST
My 67 4/4 needs a clutch and an exhaust system and although I love the old
girl and have had her since the early 70's the reality is she can't pull the
skin off a grape (Cortina non cross flow with downdraft Weber, MSD igniton).
I want to do an engine swap and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions
as to what would be the best engine & gearbox combo.  I was thinking of a
Toyota MR2 with a 5 speed, but was wondering if anyone had any experience
with the new Ford VTec (and what sources are available)....also would
consider a V6....suggestions would be appreciated.  Obviously I want it to
remain stock in appearance.
Thanks
Rick Rader

///