Re: 66 4/4 SV Comp intake manifold

To: Bill McAfee <BMCAFEE@satx.rr.com>, morgans <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 66 4/4 SV Comp intake manifold
From: Terry D <morgan4four@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:39:32 +1100 (EST)
Hi Bill,

I'm no expert, but a hole in the manifold would
normally be hooked to something like the vacuum
advance on the distributor, vacuum assisted brake
booster (though this is generally larger diameter) or
to a vacuum gauge (which I thoroughly recommend).

I expect that it should not be left as a hole and if
it's not required for things similar to the ones I've
mentioned, it should be plugged.

I'm also in the process of designing a new dash, with
plans to make it to include a vacuum gauge and
tachometer - in my 1960 4/4, so will be adding a hole
into my manifold for the gauge - unless I can find
somewhere else to tap the vacuum. Anyone got any
hints? It has twin SUs on a 1500 Ford engine. I've
tried the line to the distributor, but it didn't work.
Does that sound right?
I was thinking the balance pipe between the carbies
might be good.

Cheers,
Terry

http://my.yahoo.com.au - My Yahoo!