Re: air filters

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: air filters
From: lmg@gomog.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 05:41:28 -0500
> From what I got out of the exchange, there was a small
> increase in airflow and power from the K&N filters at
> the expense of increased dirt in the engine.

> Charles Hill

There was also a detailed discussion on the eMOG Morgan list over two
weeks ago with detailed industry reports brought in for examination.
(one of the members will actually be travelling through the Egyptian
desert!) The unanimous conclusion of the testing and the group was that
K&N was the cleanest and most efficient. It's ability to filter does not
deteriorate with use and it is the only filter that consistently shines
in extreme conditions (extra power aside).

The only concern with the filter is when people use it dry or without
the proper oiling as contained in the instructions. If the Porsche group
would like some of the comments and test results referred to from eMOG
we could forward them to you.

Lorne (who lives with his Morgan at the end of a 2 mile dirt road)