Filler base attachment

To: morgans@autox.team.net, emog@lists.gomog.com
Subject: Filler base attachment
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 18:08:25 -0400
Fellow moggers,

thanks for help in the past, the list has alot of kind people.

I have a filler cap oval for my 60s morgan SS, and its set up from the
factory with twin fillers,

I have restored a base but the tube where the base sits on the panel is
smaller than the hole, I seem to remember some sort of fitting that holds
the tube to rear panel of the car, does anyone know?

I dont know if something was attached to the tube, then soldered on, or
if a threaded metal bit held it, I can say the tube size is correct as it
fits the tank necks, on the enlarged 16 imperial gallon tank, and it
seems what ever holds it on is missing!

thanks for any clue...

Bob Bowie in Maine
63 Morgan SS 5381