Springtime & Morgans & Drive Yer Britcar Week

Subject: Springtime & Morgans & Drive Yer Britcar Week
From: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 15:51:34 -0600
Hey Gang,

I've been driving Yellow, me Mog, for a couple of weeks now... We took it to
our hot rod club (the RodRuiners) pic-a-nic over at Aguirre Springs last
Saturday (nice twisty (but slow) little road getting in and out of there).
The Mog was not much of a hit with most of the Rodsters though... Mostly
what they wanted to talk about was what size V-8 would fit in there!

Then I took it for new tires a few days ago. God! What an improvement! The
10 year old bias ply tires looked good, lots of tread, but musta been hard
as rocks. I ran it up to 80 mph (mas a menos) on the way home and pronounced
it good... (With the old tires 50 was like a visit to the chiropractor's.)

Then, two days ago, I took it on a foray to the Dentist's, then on to my
annual pre-anniversary pilgrimage to Dillard's. I bought Yellow for my wife
in honor of our 15th wedding anniversary which was 22 years ago. So, on the
22nd we drove Yellow to town where she insisted on buying me lunch.

And in all this running around I've seen not one other LBC...

Looks like I gotta buy a Color Tune, though, as Yellow must be running
lean... No matter how many miles I run I have to use mucho chokeo to restart
after a brief shut-down. The cheap coolant recovery system I added last fall
has been much tested and works very well. Indeed, I think I will be
justified to trade up to a better looking system.

By-the-bye, I have 7 copies of THE BULLETIN, the Morgan Three Wheeler Club
(in Blighty) newsletter, dated in 1996. Anyone who wants them for postage is
welcome.

Cheers!

--Colin Cobb, Las Cruces, NM, USA
'41 Chevrolet Coupe 350/350, '66 Morgan Plus Four, '89 Alfa Romeo Spider
(FOR SALE)