Re: British Car Week Report

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: British Car Week Report
From: "Duncan Charlton \(Texas\)" <charlton@ev1.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 14:01:28 -0500
I took our 1936 Super Sports trike to a rural park over the weekend and
encountered a tiny portion of the thousands of motorcyclists in Austin,
Texas for the big weekend meet (one report had this surpassing Daytona bike
week in size, but it will never replace Sturgis for bringing the world's
Harley Davidson riders together).  I love the way this car attracts bikers
like a magnet.  Five of them rolled to a stop in front of me, put their
kickstands down, and stared at the Matchless V-twin on the front of the car.
Smiles all around.  An obliging park ranger stopped to write out a ticket
for my wife (driving without a license!) for the cameras (he's a friend and
he kindly wrote "void" on the ticket).

The only other British cars (aside from late model Jags and Range Rovers) I
saw on the road all week was a beat-up Spridget and our own 4/4.  Was I just
in the wrong place all week long?

Duncan