Walsall wheel

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Walsall wheel
From: "Beer, William J (GESM)" <William.Beer@gesm.ge.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:47:43 -0400
I never restored a car.  I rebuilt a couple of TR-3 engines.  I recently came
across a stalled restoration project for sale:

*       '62 +4  four seater.  32000 original miles.  Sat in a barn for 32
years.  Purchased by a fellow who seems to be very meticulous. Replaced all the
wood(body frame, floors, etc.), bought a new frame and sub frame, rebuilt the
front end including steering, and purchased a tone of new bolts washers, nuts,
and hydraulic lines.  Rebuilt the front calipers(stainless pistons, etc.).
Engine and drive train was cleaned up / painted but not disassembled (although
the fuel pump, carbs, generator, and starter are not installed but engine and
rest of drive train is in the new frame. New skins are on the doors.  Quarter
panels, rocker panels, rear deck not installed yet. Scuttle is skinned.  Hood
(excuse me, BONNET),  and cowl in good shape.  Windscreen in good shape.  Don't
know about the  gauges - they look pretty good.  Wiring harness is shot.
Radiator looks ok but not sure.  Interior needs to be replaced. Fenders/wings
are solid.  Chrome bumpers/hardware need to be replaced.
*       Is $7500 too much to spend to purchase the whole mess?
*       Am I getting in over my head?

Bill Beer