Morgan fender light and bracket installation

To: emog@lyris.dundee.net, morgans@autox.team.net, morganspares@taconic.net
Subject: Morgan fender light and bracket installation
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 12:38:53 -0400
Hi,

asking for a bit of help again.

the brace that rises from the front suspension attaches to the underside
of the fender light.

I have rebuilt my  fender lights and they go through the alloy fender to
about the brace,

I can drill a hole for the stem to pass through, but wonder if that was
correct, as it would seem to hammer the underside of the fender alot

and in my case, do damage quicker than a steel fender.

was there a fitting in there, aside from a washer or rubber bushing?

the top of the light rests on the lucas rubber fitting, and it seems alot
of torque to put on a  signal light

thanks for any help, I have appreciated all the good support I have had,

Bob Bowie in Maine
63 Morgan Super Sports #5381