Upper Cross Axle Brace

To: morgans@autox.team.net, emog@lyris.dundee.net
Subject: Upper Cross Axle Brace
From: robert m bowie <deemi@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 07:30:15 -0500
Moggers,

since we were on the subject, I did find in the 1963 Production car
Specifications (PCS) for the SCCA, the Morgan Super Sports is listed with

the Upper Cross Axle brace, our cars is a simple tube of metal flattened
and bent at each end and goes between the top of the kingpin and the

alloy wheel stop on the frame, there is a larger version of the same
tubing found inside the bulkhead as well.  I have seen the exact tube in
that recent picture by Bob Noguiera, and on Dr. Jake Alderson's Baby Doll
specification Alloy Morgan in Sheffield England when I visited.  Its also
listed by this name in our cars factory ledger.

I am still trying to figure out what Pos. Radiator Shielding is V4-2-69
and was listed as a legal option SCCA PCS and in the brochure for 1963
from Morgan for both Lew Spencer imports and Fergus Motors.  This option
is a real oddity, as it has the V4 number series, for the plus 4 parts
list from Morgan, and the only possible clue is two small holes at the
back of my lower cowl box that may have held a sheet metal or alloy
shield going back under the radiator.  Any ideas?

I appreciate all of the discussion on these braces, I have heard it
mitigated hopping on braking and helped with fade if the braking would
allow the front end to move otherwise.

Best Regards.

Bob Bowie in Maine
63 Morgan Super Sports 5381 Endurance Racer