Morgan Super Sports cowl box and oil cooler issue

To: morganspares@taconic.net, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Morgan Super Sports cowl box and oil cooler issue
From: robert m bowie <deemi@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:15:56 -0500
Hi,

I am unable to  send along a picture of my original cowl box to my 63
Morgan
Super Sports, as it would not accept the photo attachment, will try for
smaller, please ask me to
send one directly to you for now.

when I recvd my body back from the factory , it had a plain
sheet metal cowl box, facing down in the sense of it holding water, I
flipped it over and drilled the holes as on my SS car, and it did not
have a arched reinforcing ridge in it to make the oil cooler tilt
properly on
the car

I am looking for my fellow sixties morgan owners to tell me two things

one is the cowl box up or down in the sense that it would hold water like
a bowl up holds and down would not, mine is up originally

does yours have the arched ridge in it?

Of interest, you can see how the original oil cooler (9 row) fits up to
the cowl box, being close the ridge the ridge tips it foward at the
bottom.  The other oddities you can see are the base sheet metal screw
holes for the fog lamp or light and the back area has two small holes at
the corners for what I think may have been the pos. radiator shield.

Any help appreciated. I am looking to replace this with a proper one, but
wanted to ask to be sure.

Bob Bowie up to Maine