Re: Fuel tank coating and brake line bits

To: Robin & Ron <robinnron@attglobal.net>, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel tank coating and brake line bits
From: smanwell <smanwell@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 07:46:17 -0500
Ron,

I just recently had my +4 tank boiled out and coated (internally) by a
Boston-area radiator shop -- Rogers Radiator.  They also did a beautiful
job rebuilding the radiator with a new core.

They spoke of often having to remove the old type of white coating,
before coating with the red stuff they use.  I got details of the
coating used in my tank in case of future problems:  Red Kote made by
Damon Industries, 1-800-362-9850.  Damon Ind. might be able to give you
more info on removing old coatings, or you could call Rogers Radiator in
Medford, MA:  781-395-7777 or 800-527-6437.  I dealt with Troy who has
worked there for several years, but I talked briefly with a couple other
people there who seemed knowledgeable too.  Troy said they had been
using Red Kote for about 10 years and had had good luck with it.  My
tank is not yet in the car, so it's untested so far.

--Steve Manwell
'54 +4, '57 4/4