Re: (no subject)

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 17:49:30 -0400
At 08:53 PM 7/16/03 EDT, Bob Jones wrote:
>Question?
>I have a 62 Plus 4 4str. The fuel cell is attached to the filler tube by
>means of a hose. Both the filler tube and the fuel cell neck are inside
this hose.
>When I fill the fuel cell the fuel leaks out of the fuel cell neck. I have
>pulled the cell out and made sure the neck is straight. Any thoughts on
how I
>can stop the leaking other than not filling the cell?

Bob,

I don't really know much about "fuel cells" but the gas tank on my 65
Morgan is very squarish like most of the fuel cells I've seen.  When
I got the new tank back in 69, and filled it with gas, I too had a
leak where the filler neck met the tank.  I ended up taking the tank
out and sending it to a radiator shop and had them solder up the pin
hole.

John

          48 TR1800    48 #4 Midget    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V
                       65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org