Morgan Super Sports radiator heavy duty supports

To: johnalderson@doctors.org.uk, dgreimel@comcast.net, polmognl@wxs.nl,
Subject: Morgan Super Sports radiator heavy duty supports
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 14:27:58 -0400
please look at the radiator picture from linda at morgan spares enclosed,
it shows the mounts below the Super sports radiator

at the bottom left. (radiators.gif)

Then please look at the two pictures I have sent of our endurance Super
Sports radiator mounts, they sit wider at about 18 inches for the base
mounting, the normal width was about 16 inches for mounting.

the reinforcement appears factory, and the mounting slot is in both, well
done, with nice welding beading. That would hold the lower bushing for
the radiator. (car had only 18, 036 miles on it when found).

there was something called a positive rad shield in there as well, maybe
it sat under the radiator. and went to the cowl box?  mine had two small
holes at its back edge, and a pos. rad shield on the factory ledger was
mentioned.

I dont know if anyone has this on their morgan, would appreciate any
insight!  I dont know if this widened and stronger mounting was for the
rad shielding or a larger radiator etc..?

any ideas?

Bob Bowie up to Maine
Morgan SS 5381

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of
radiators.gif]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
IM002754.JPG]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
IM002757.JPG]