Re: Door panel screw and filler cap

To: "morgan list" <morgans@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Door panel screw and filler cap
From: "Bob Nogueira" <nogera@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:41:55 -0500
Bob
Having followed your progress on your restoration for sometime now, I know
you are dedicated to an exact restoration.  I believe the door panels of the
early sixties were held to the door wood with nails not screws. No washers
was used under the nails  The nails had a habit of working there way out
over time and would catch your clothes as you entered or exited the car.
Many people solved this problem by replacing the nails with oval head wood
screws and a finishing washer.

A Wilborn type who was playing with Morgans  in the 60's  might wish to
correct me on this matter.

Tonight I will go up to the "Garage Attic with more Morgan Parts than Anyone
Person Should be Allowed to Have" ( the GAWMMPAPSAH) and see if my old
spares door has the proper nails. I may also have a spare filler cap for
you.

Bob Nogueira   ( not trying to make your life difficult just trying to keep
you true to your mission )