Tonneau fasteners and how they are placed

To: morgans@autox.team.net, emog@lyris.dundee.net, mogtalk@mscc.uk.com
Subject: Tonneau fasteners and how they are placed
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 12:24:21 -0400
I am interested Tonneau fasteners and how they are placed,

my original back panel on top lip has multiple holes, some are tapered
and were for mounting the panel itself, some were small holes in sets of
3 for the strap for the top frame of the car,

there are others spaced at odd intervals on this area that must be for
mounting the back panel cover, that is the interior pad

is it screwed in?  it does not appear to have any small tack holes, so
wonder if screws were used, and if so, what spacing

can anyone send a apicture?

the other oddity, is that my car had lift a dots for my back panel near
the top, at each edge or corner a small buckle type fastener was used

some older cars the tonneau was designed to be moved back from the dash
and attached to the back wall 'folded'

what was the case with morgans?

clues or thoughts appreciated, as I would like to figure out all the
holes and what they meant in this racer.

Bob Bowie in Maine