Morgan Jack and Tool kit

To: morgans@autox.team.net, mogtalk@mscc.uk.com, emog@lyris.dundee.net
Subject: Morgan Jack and Tool kit
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:27:34 -0400
There is an original Morgan Jack B.T.C Jack made in England pat # 528933
listed on ebay, and I was looking at mine,

its painted a darker red, and I have not seen any other colors on them,
does anyone know the color this is?

do we know if morgan bought them and painted them, as its implied by the
above that its a jack made by an outside vendor,

does anyone know what B.T.C.  stood for or any more details?

I did find a price list for 1963-4 for the morgans listing as standard
from Fergus, 'disc brakes, turn signals, tool kit, K-Jack, Brooklands
steering wheel, front and rear bumper overiders, badge bar, Rev. Counter
on PL-4s, electric windshield wipers and electric dash outlet.'

the tool kit is listed separate from the K-Jack, and must be the same
jack as an original Morgan Jack B.T.C Jack made in England pat # 528933.

Looking for a few more references, if any one has one?

It also implies there was a tool kit from the factory, but what it was
seems to be a mystery.

Thanks

Bob Bowie in Maine
63 Morgan SS